Thursday, January 10, 2008

On Writing

Im reading (re-reading 1/8 of it) Stephen King’s ‘On Writing’. No, Im not trying to be at par with any of them--the serious ‘writer-types’, but I like writing. I think Im better with writing prose than talking. I wonder why. Maybe because when I write, I don’t have to face anyone, and that Im not subject to stares or initial judgement. Maybe because, with writing, I can edit what I just said, or thought of, thus less misinterpretation and more clarity. but cut that--I usually write without editing anyway, like talking on to of your head. But really, with text, I can put my ideas across more confidently, and I don’t need to worry about what other people may think (well, right away). I can be more adventurous with words, and more expressive. With writing, Im 'free-er' (is there even, such a word?). 


Or...maybe Im still in denial. hehe. 


Now back to reading. Hmm.

Wow, I just realised that after a long time, Im simultaneously doing 2 things I like doing best.


n.b.   My two cents worth--today's 'me' generation brought about landslides of writer-wannabees. thats me trying to be polite. 

No comments: