Friday, December 19, 2008
ngayon, kung super evolved na ang AB Chorale (na alumni version na nga pala, ohmaygad!), feeling ko mas magaling pa sila dito (wala akong makitang version na natuwa ako nang super--yung all girls ay masyadong pitchy at sapawan, at yung iba eh ewan ko, this one is kwela. the solos are okay though, so I'll make do with this. hehe):
I am thinking it's a sign that the freckles
In our eyes are mirror images and when
We kiss they're perfectly aligned
And I have to speculate that God himself
Did make us into corresponding shapes like
Puzzle pieces from the clay
True, it may seem like a stretch, but
Its thoughts like this that catch my troubled
Head when you're away when I am missing you to death
When you are out there on the road for
Several weeks of shows and when you scan
The radio, I hope this song will guide you home
They will see us waving from such great
Heights, 'come down now,' they'll say
But everything looks perfect from far away,
'come down now,' but we'll stay...
I tried my best to leave this all on your
Machine but the persistent beat it sounded
Thin upon listening
That frankly will not fly. you will hear
The shrillest highs and lowest lows with
The windows down when this is guiding you home
2. answer truthfully
3. and...here you go..
You Are Ready to Get Married
You've done more than dream about the dress and the honeymoon
In fact, you spend a good deal of your time thinking about what makes a relationship work
And from your answers, it looks like you have the skills to say "I Do" and mean it
You've dated enough, learned your fair share, and you're ready to settle down.
okay...tell da Jay Im going :)
Monday, December 15, 2008
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
First of all, secure a domain name first (by the way, nagamit mo na ba yung free 30 days subscription mo sa mac.com? kasi okay din yun, altho yun nga lang, 30 days lang yan na libre). There are alot of those on sale online, and prices can vary from very cheap to almost as expensive as mac's 5USD/month. I use Cyberduck for my ftp uploading. Thats what you use if you'll be uploading your website outside the mac domain, which you can also download for free at the apple downloads corner, or directly at: http://cyberduck.ch/
Ngayon, kung may domain ka na at naka install na yung cyberduck mo:
1. go to iWeb, yung project mo mismo
2. tapos 'publish to folder'--> nasa unang hanay yata yan ng file commands (sorry ha, nasa opist ako ngayon eh, and Im using a pc. :) look for it...andyan lang yun)
3. you have to create a sub folder sa documents folder (not really a folder, diba? basta yung under documents ekek). now, dont ever move that folder--that should be a permanent fixture dyan, kasi everytime you save your work, you have to publish it there. not a good idea if you rename it, or move it, kasi uploading is always based on paths diba. So overwrite lang nag overwrite everytime changes are being made sa iWeb.
4. Mapapansin mo na yung files created dun sa folder na yun, may mala directory (or index). then andun din yung folder/s created per project you make. Open your cyberduck, then drag EVERYTHING dun sa box (or kung ano man yung mag aapear via cyberduck).
5.Pag first time mo, walang overwrite ekek na itatanong. so the next time you make changes, even the slightest ones--you have to 'publish to folder'--> overwrite--> drag everything to cyberduck--> overwrite.
6. tapos mag po prompt yan (just in case)--need to change keychains. ang sagot dun eh yes.
7. Last but not the leat--make sure na na set up mo na yung domain name mo (where you'll be publishing. Tanong ko rin sa bro ni Jay kung magkano ngayon yung mga binebentang domains). Kung hindi pa, then just 'publish to folder', para lang naka save yung work mo
ah, technical-creative writing ba ito? :)
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Hay. Im soo getting old na nga. Akinanga yang white flower at efficascent oil...
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Parang ganito kasi yan...see diagram...
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Eto ang isa sa mga pinaka gasgas na tanong ever sa taong ikakasal. I mean, not to say its not okay to ask, pero sabihin nalang natin from the 'to be wed's end'--na pwede mo nang i-record at gawing ring -tone ang sagot mo dito, kasi 'you'll get this everytime'. Minsan pwedeng 'small talk' lang ito--pwede ding seryosohang tanong, but its very likely an avenue to exchange pleasantries. Those who throw out the query would (seem to) always reply 'ay! ang cute!!'
So enter our motif: BLACK and purple and green. Nah, we dont get the same 'ang cute!' response, primarily because--its black. Never mind the purple and green---its black. Black is our common element. We love it--its modern stylish, artistic and classy but underrated. Its a good choice for accentuating and emphasizing, yet versatile enough to mix with anything. So black it is. Our other colours reflect personal favourites: Jay likes the colour green because its fresh and lively (Rica prefers it too, because she's into environmental politics.hehe), while purple has been Rica's favourite colour since the age she can say 'violet, lavender and purple' --thats waay even before it became vogue (it used to be 'kulay na pam-patay, diba?'). Jay 'thinks' he's into purple as well--probably to spite Rica.
Back to black--initial responses were a mixture of incredulousness and amusement. Some of Jay's cousins are of half- Chinese ancestry (and yes, they're based in Binondo), so you can imagine the 'wdf?' on everyone's lips. It took some time to sink in, and now everyone thinks its cool and er--different in a safe side sort of description (hehe). Hey, to set things straight--its not even an all-black affair. Well, the bridesmaids will be wearing black, and the guys in black suits, and aside from them (bunch, and I mean a big BUNCH. hehe), black will only be present as accents to either purple or green (appeased now?).
Now a simple advise to other brides in prospect: PLEASE, pretty please--its a colour motif. So use colours, like black, green and purple. Although midnight, steel, pistachio, uretane airbrush and what -have-you sounds poetic, they also sound vague. Like 'rose and wine'--so red rose ba, white rose...red wine ba, white wine? Ganon ba. hirap ma-gets eh.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
lookatdat! parang tanga, ano?
now, about the bbf-- this pretty thing is a twin-lens reflex camera (TLR). Anyway--Im sparing the review and write up, cos Im still 'ignoring' my birdie (im referring to the camera). Opo--tig-isa kami. Aba! Ala namang sya lang! hemingweys--tignan nang mabuti--dun ka sisilip sa ibabaw, making the rule 'shoot from the hip' more reasonable. Ah basta--Im ignoring mine. Anu ako, excited?? eherm--nag iisip pako ng magandang timing eh. Baka sa pasko nalang. (yes, Im a killjoy ever)
me like this. very much.
photos by ze iPhone, Fanyang.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Now, we have Peter Schiff, the economist –probably the only one who tried to warn everyone of the impending US recession, and as early as 2006. Some of his interview and debate clips, if you watch them now, are just darn funny, primarily because he gets laughed at by anyone be debates with. Believe me—you wouldn’t want to be him that time. Very unpopular to the point that you see people (on camera) cringe over his supposedly pessimistic warnings—economists and commentators alike. He gets shot back with phrases like ‘that’s silly..’ or ‘oh my goodness, I’ve never heard many mistakes in my life..’ ‘it’s a bet of every honour in your name at stake..’ ‘ where do you get your figures?’ It’s like your thesis defense on a very very bad day. No—I take that back. Its like secondary school where cliques and bullies were the coolest people ever.
But hey. The uncool kid was right. And he spoke clear and simple. Looking at how the majority reacted makes you realise that many proclaimed or self proclaimed experts, no matter how arrogant they are, how loud their voices can be, how much publicity and influence they take in—may not really know what they’re talking about.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
by Regina Spektor
I can imagine it...
in quick steps..
we were dancing to this lively song
not so heart wrenchingly romantic--but light, fun and sweet.
just how i pictured it to be.
never dragging, never fancy...
it was just you and me...
Was supposed to be another project of mine--kaso baka masuka na kayo sa pag mumukha namin, tapos panay pa kyut pa. So I got this--this video/animation (sorta) was made by serenerhapsody. so thank you, youtube.
p.s. eto po ay amin. kung makita nyo ito at masabi nyong 'ay, ako rin, yan din ang gagamitin namin...', malaman man lang po nawa ng lahat na itong idea nyo magaling ay galing sa 'amin'. :) Im not being proprietary or anything, because technically its a free world, and this is a public domain. In the first place, Regina Spektor is not everyone's cup of tea--very much like us. There probably are other people out there who thought that this is may be a good idea, at nauna sila. But we thought of this ourselves, may nauna man or wala. Kaya makunsensya naman ang manggaya. at wala pang attribution. well--bukod 'don, it's alright-- 'magtae sana kayo'. :) not for a lifetime naman...for a few days onli. there--I said it. (kidding!)
2. Naa adik kami ni Jay sa lomography. Nako. 'Have to resist--noo! noo! you already bought one last month.' 'eh, last month pa yun', whispers my evil twin. to which I agree: 'Honga noh??' Gasp!
3. May Ben and Jerry's Chunk Fest next month sa Fort Canning! Im sooo excited, Im thinking colour, funk, hyper kids and ice cream! I can imagine my actionsampler dreaming about this. Baka himatayin yun! (see? its an addiction, i tell you)
4. okay okay--less than three months nalang. ako, ninenerbyos? hindi noh.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Hindi inaasahang matutuwa ako sa bagay na di ko kilala—tulad nito.
Plastic, mura--chipipay kumbaga.
Walang zoom, ISO check, sharpness, atbp.
Sa panahong lahat ng bagay ay pwedeng ‘perfect’ at di-metro,
Aanhin mo ang di mo alam, at di garantisado?
Siguro dahil ang buhay ay nakasalalay sa mga lente...
Sa mga bagay na di sukat, at di permanente
Bago mo pa naitaas, mai anggulo ang viewfinder mo,
Sandaang segundo ang dumadaan, tuloy ang ikot ng mundo.
Eh ano kaya kung isang araw,
Maburyong ka sa eksakto—
And bagay na perpekto’y nag iba sa paningin mo
Naisip mong madami pang bagay na maganda
Na di kailangang ‘perfect’—pero ‘iyo’, at kakaiba
(Iginapang mo, itinutok mo, hinintay mong mai-develop,
Bukod dun, iwi-wish mo pang mag-black yung mga sulok (vignetting. Haha)...
Ano bang kasayahan ang dinadala nito?
Nitong bagay na hindi mo alam kung magiging okay o luko luko?)
Hindi ba’t mahusay din na di tayo pare pareho?
Patingin nga ng iyo?
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Monday, November 3, 2008
1. Isiping mabuti kung anung size mo. Kung hindi ka sure, maghanap na sa mga bungkos ng sapatos na nasa kahon sa hallway, wishing na sa unang dukot mo, ay yon na nga. Maniwala ka—madaming beses mo itong gagawin.
2. Pag alam mo na ang size mo, at hawak mo na ang isang perfect fit, magwish ka ulet na sa susunod na dukot mo eh makukuha mo narin yung kapares. Hindi counted pag magkaibang kulay.
3. Pag wala sa box #1 ang kapares,wag mag alala—may lampas sampung box ka pang pwedeng limasin. Hindi pa kasama yung mga taong pwede mong i-stalk, dahil kita mong tangan nila ang match ng hawak mo.
4. Pag wala ka talagang makita, kunin mo nalang muna ang pwede mong makuha—mga pares na pang Helga da giant, pares na pwede mong sakyan pakabilang isla, o pares na ayaw mo sa totoong buhay.
5. Makipag trade nang mga finds mo sa ibang taong mukha ding desperado. Mag wish na isa sa kanila si Helga da giant na yamot na yamot na, kasi ang size lang nilang nakukuha eh panay size mo (asa ka pa).
6. Pagwala talaga—isipin mo nalang na plastic ang mga nalintekang sapin sa paa na ito—bumili ka nalang ng cutter sa stationery shop para makapagtabas ka, o di kaya’y paarawan mo ng tunay, nang matunaw.
At dahil dyan...I bet my betlogs...
1. After the sale, madami ang magdedeclare na nakakalakad sila sa tubig.
2. Dadami ang escalator casualties (eew).
3. at dahil ga bardagul ang mga tsinelas ng nakararami, magkakaroon ng mass ‘talisod’ movement
4. Mauuso ang tsinelas na parehong kaliwa or kanan
5. Magtatayo na ng sauna ang crocs dito. AT...pipilahan parin.
now you havent seen the 'other' corner.